Things change all the time. So, do business names. Don’t be afraid of it. There might be different reasons for you to change your existing name or you would want to put your company’s name on newly acquired business.
If you need to change the name of your company then all the government agencies that your company has been registered has to be informed and records with them has to be updated including your corporate bank.
First step toward changing your company names begins with filing change of name with Department of Business Development to obtain the legality of new name.
Subsequently, if you are registered under VAT, social fund system and other license issuing local government agency the amendment for the change of name has to be filed along with the change of your company seal which bears your company’s full name on it.
Banks who handles your corporate accounts also has to be informed.
Requirement for changing name in Department of Business development:
- Get approval of new company name from department of business development. Once approved get new company stamp to match with new name.
- Publish newspaper announce in local newspaper and call for shareholder meeting. The announcement and letter of invitation for the shareholder should be done 14 days before the date of shareholding meeting. Separate registered mail should be sent to each shareholder. Shareholder meeting should pass the resolution for the change.
- After the resolution is passed in shareholder meeting, the application for change has to be file with Department of Business Development (DBD) within 14 days from the date of meeting.
- Once approved new registration certificate with company affidavit with new name is issued by DBD.
List of required documents to effect the change at DBD
- Company registration documents
- ID cards of authorized director/s
- Proposed new name of the company
- Logo for the company seal
- Power of attorney
If your company is already registered in VAT system under revenue following documents are required to notify and certify change at revenue office
- Original Vat registration certificate (Por Pro 20)
- Copies of first registration Por Pro 01 and 01.1
- Id card and house registration copy of director if Thai or copy of passport along with valid visa if director is foreigner.
- Company affidavit updated with new name and stamp.
- Power of attorney
Subsequently amendment will have to be file at social fund, work permit, license issuing departments and