Work Permit Service in Bangkok, ThailandAre you thinking of working in Thailand, then you should definitely get work permit before you start working in Thailand. Working of Alien act (2008) defines work as’ “engaging in work by exerting energy or using knowledge whether or not in consideration of wages or other benefits”
The issuance of work permit falls under the jurisdiction of Ministry of labor. It is obligation of the employer to apply work permit for its foreign employee, however application of work permit can be submitted only after the foreign employee has entered Thailand under the law on immigration. The applicant of the work permit should possess Non Immigrant Business Visa.
Practically, employer as company should be arranging for the application of Non Immigrant Business Visa for its foreign employee. Thus, your company should make proper arrangement regarding the documentations and getting pre approval for your employment from department of labor for you to apply Non Immigrant Visa at Royal Thai embassy in abroad. Once proper visa is acquired you will have to enter Thailand to apply for work permit with a pre-approval letter which specifies application for work permit to be made within 30 days from the day of picking up the pre-approval letter. Having received your work permit, you can apply for an extension of your visa on the basis of relevant company documents and work permit and extend the validity of your work permit on the basis of company documents and your visa status.
Basic requirement for the application of work permitFor employer part: To sponsor one work permit a company must have
- 2 million THB registered and paid up capital
- Four Thai employees working on permanent basis and registered in social fund system
- VAT registration
- Licenses ( if any applicable)
- Monthly Tax filings
- Monthly social fund filing
- Annual audit
- Proper, formal and real working environment for all employees to sit and work comfortably.
- Location map of the business address
- Valid Passport with appropriate visa. For permanent residents residence permit and alien registration book is required.
- Departure card
- Proof of educational or professional qualification depending on some employment class
- Medical certificate not older than 1 month indicating blood type and that the applicant is of good physical and mental, not suffer from, leprosy, tuberculosis, elephantiasis, any kind of narcotic addition or alcoholism and stage three syphilis.
- 3x4 cm size photograph in formal attire 3 copies.
- If in case, applicant is married to Thai citizen the following additional must be submitted
- The marriage certificate
- Spouse’s identity card and household registration
Exemption and Special provisionsWorking of Alien (Foreigner) Act have made provision for following specific act or duties by a foreigner in the kingdom of Thailand to be exempt from work permit application
- Member of diplomatic mission or consular mission or representative of member countries and official of the United nations and specialized institute, their family member and personal servant
- Person who performs duties or mission with respect to agreements between Government of Thailand and foreign government or international organization
- Person who performs duties or mission for the benefit of education, culture, art, sports and other activities
- Person who permitted by Thai government to enter and perform any duty or mission.
- Foreign who enters the Kingdom temporarily under the law on immigration in a visa status other than tourist and transit to engage in NECESSARY AND URGENT work for a period not exceeding 15 DAYS, a foreigner can engage in the work after giving written notification to department of employment and such notification is subject to acceptance from department of labor.
- Foreigner brought to Thailand to perform work under the law on investment promotion or other laws, Department of labor shall issue work permit for such person within seven days from the date of acceptance from authority under investment promoted or other related authority. While awaiting for the work permit under process applicant may engage in work.
Special cases as treated by Ministry of Labor can be granted work permit for
Changes to conditions in work permitAmendments or changes can be filed at labor department as for
- Change/add work or workplace or locality of work
- Change employer
- Change job description
- Amend name or surname in terms of spelling