Set Us asn Association Service in Bangkok, Thailand
What is association?An association is a juristic person created to carry out any activity which, according to its nature, is to be done continuously and collectively by persons other than that of sharing profits or incomes earned, must have its regulations and must be registered with relevant government agency.
Registration of an AssociationPrior to the application for registration of an Association, license approval must be obtained from office of national cultural commission. Usually, the documentation requirement for establishing an Association are:
- Statutory meeting minutes to establish the Association by at least three founding members.
- Regulations or by-laws of the Association, which must include rules regarding membership and the membership fee rates
- A list of the initial 10 members clearly stating their address and occupation
- Documents related to official address of headquarter and all branches (if any) of the Association, such a lease agreement, letter of consent, location map of proposed address.
- Background histories by three promoters which are certified by a department-level government official.
- Name, address and occupation of founding 3 members.
The by-laws or regulation of an Association must have at least following details
- The name of the association.
- Its object.
- Address of its principal office and all its branches.
- Rules for admission of its members and conclusion of membership.
- Rates and member-fee.
- Rules for the Committee of association, i.e. number of the directors, appointment of the directors, term of office of the directors, retirement of office of the directors and meetings of the Committee.
- Rules for the management of the association, the keeping of accounts and the property of the association.
The association must have the word ‘association' incorporated with its name.
Establishment of an association comes under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Interior. However, the application has to be filed with local district office where the office of Association is located. Upon inspection of compliance is forwarded to ministry’s concerned department for approval. Once the concern government authority approves the application, Association registration certificate is issued.
It is, therefore, important to appoint business consulting firms in Thailand who intend to form an association for dealing with the process of the filling the applications and several forms which is more often complex and confusing.