Education Visa Service in Bangkok, ThailandImmigration act of Thailand section 34 (10) prescribes allows foreigners to enter to the Kingdom of Thailand for temporary for the educational purposes. Further the legal provision allows legal provision also states that at one-time foreigner under educational purposes can stay for time period not exceeding one year
Further section 35 (3) prescribe that if deemed necessary for a foreigner to stay in the kingdom for longer period of time the immigration department can extension one year each time.
There are to alternative to obtain Education visa (ED) to study in an educational institution in Thailand
- You can directly apply at Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate General office in your country upon receiving acceptance letter from the university or institute. The initial visa is granted for the period of 90 days.
- If you are already in Thailand on tourist visa, the application for the conversion can be submitted at immigration department within Thailand. When Converting your visa in Thailand 90 days visa will be granted at first.
If required to stay longer than 90 days, an extension application can be filed at immigration department to be extended up to a year. It is highly advised that application for extension of stay to be file no less than 15 days before the expiry of your existing visa.
Process and required documents for getting student Visa
First and foremost, those who wish to apply for the student visa should obtain acceptance by education institution. Successful candidate will be issued with letter of acceptance or letter of acceptance which states your academic details.
The documents required to apply visa outside Thailand include but limited to:
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely fill out
- Recommendation letter addressed to the consulate or Thai embassy
- Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institution/organization
- For those wishing to study in a Private institute, an official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand (MOE), or other sub -authorities concerned, approving the enrolment of foreign students and a copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute are required
- Copy of tuition fee payment receipt
(Royal Thai embassy or consulate general office ask for additional documents as deemed necessary)
Once the list of documents is complied with the requirement stipulated by an embassy, successful applicant is granted 90 days education visa (ED). OR
If applicant is applying for conversion of visa at the immigration department in Thailand, following are the documents sought for by immigration department:
- Complete filled out application form TM 86 for those who entered Thailand with Tourist or transit visa.
- Complete filled out application form TM 87 for those who entered Thailand without visa but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 days, 30 days or 90 days.
- Copy passport valid at six months (personal information page, latest entry page, visa sticker or extension stamp (if any) and departure card.
- 1 Photo 4x6 cm in size
- To study in government university or lower levels
A cooperation letter from the dean (or higher) of university or from the director of academic institute lower than university for visa status alternation, to immigration commissioner with same date of application.
A cooperation from the relevant department attached to the ministry of education or form the governor in the case of academic institute lower than university or from the office of educational service area for visa status alteration to immigration commissioner with same date of the application
A copy of academic record of the applicant with the latest tuition fee receipt.
- To study at a private institution, university or lower levels
A cooperation letter from the dean or higher of university or form the director of academic institute lower than university for visa status alteration addressed to immigration commissioner with the same date of the application
A cooperation letter from the relevant department attached to the Ministry of Education or from governor in the case of academic institute lower than university or from the office of educational service area for visa status alteration addressed to immigration commissioner.
A cooperation letter from the principal or the manager of the International school addressing to Immigration commissioner with the same date of the application.
A copy of the license for establishment of the academic institute
A copy of the license to perform duty as management, manager, principal and director or academic institute.