Permanent Residency Service in Bangkok, ThailandMany people want to settle down in Thailand permanently as the country is one of the most seek after destination in and around South-East Asia mainly because it offers low yet convenient standard of living.
Acquiring permanent residency in Thailand has many advantages, mainly being
- Able to stay and live in Thailand with an open visa without any expiry date and serves as a step ahead in order to acquire Thai citizen and Thai passport
- Able to buy a condominium without having funds transfer from abroad.
- Able to obtain a work permit effortlessly.
- Able to become director of a public limited company
- Able to apply extension of non-Thai family members in Thailand
Permanent residency permits or residence visa or permanent visa in Thailand is an opportunity that the Thai government offers to only 100 people of each nationality each year. The immigration commission specifies the criteria on qualification of foreign nationals wanting to apply for residential permits.
The following conditions as prescribed by immigration commission qualifies foreign nationals to apply for Resident permit
- An applicant must hold passport of his nationality that bears a Non- Immigrant Visa and was granted with one-year extension for at least 3 consecutive year up until the date of application submission.
- An applicant should be holding a valid work permit during last 3 years.
- An applicant monthly income should be at least 30000 THB (if married) or 80000 THB if single and evidence of tax return has to be submitted.
- An applicant should not have any criminal record and is not prohibited person to enter Thailand in accordance with Immigration act of Thailand.
- An applicant must be able to understand and speak Thai language.
Further, once qualification is check an application can be filed under the following criteria as mentioned below if met:
- Investment criteria:
Brought in at least 10 million Baht to invest in Thailand and certification from the commercial bank in Thailand should be submitted as a proof. Investment should have made in interest of national economy of Thailand in either one or collective investment in limited company or public company, government or state enterprise securities, stock.
- Business or working category:
The applicant has to hold position of an executive officer with signatory power in juristic person registered in Thailand with a capital of at least 10 million THB and should earn monthly salary 50,000 THB at least for two consecutive year. Tax return of such person is required as a proof. The business in which the applicant worms must be interest of national economy related to international commerce, tourism related or other business where applicants holds at least 5 million shares worth at least for 2 years up until the date of application submission.
However, if an applicant lacks above mentioned qualification then, he/she should
- Be a holder of work permit for at least 3 consecutive year up until to the date of application submission
- Have been working in current company for at least 1 year up until date of application submission
- Earn monthly income at least 80,000 THB per month for a period of at least 2 consecutive years up until the date of application submission OR have been filing tax return for the amount of annual income of 100,000 THB for at least 2 consecutive year up until the date of application.
- Humanitarian Category:
- Be a lawful husband or wife and provide sponsorship or be under sponsorship of Thai national spouse
- Be lawful father or mother and provide sponsorship or be under sponsorship of a Thai national father or mother OR
- To provide sponsorship or to be under sponsorship of Thai national child
- To provide sponsorship or be under sponsorship of spouse who was granted with residential permit.
- To provide sponsorship or be under sponsorship of the applicant’s father or mother who was granted with residential permit
- To provide sponsorship or be under sponsorship of applicant’s child whose child was granted permanent residential permit.
- Expert Category:
- An applicant should at least possess Bachelor Degree and possesses special ability that is needed and benefit to the country
- Be supported and officially certified by the concerned authority and
- Certification letter in connection to applicant’s service in such position clearly indicated up until the date of application. Service period of at least 3 consecutive year is required.
Application time and procedure:
Ministry of interior will announce the annual quota of foreigner to be granted with residence permit. The details of the procedure differ year to year from province to province and also the applicant’s situation and reason for applying permanent resident permit. However, the different main different phases of the application are
Issuance of certificate of residence
Acquiring Alien registration book
Record in House Registration book.
Once permanent resident permit is expired open visa is issued which never expires unless revoked.
While travelling outside applicant must apply for reentry which can be single or 1 year multiple and 1 year endorsement of your residence book.